late fave five

May already!  Wow, this week was a blur.

An anxious one for me and my daughter as she began her IB exams.  The final chapter of her school days are now down to double digits.

Oh and I jumped on the bandwagon that is the Whole 30.  Let me just say it was a tough week to go cold turkey on sugar and coffee without dairy!!

Anyway here's five favorite things that made my week;

1.  These beauty's that greet me each morning.  It helps me to remember that 'something wonderful' is out there.

2.  a facetime call from my daughter and hearing her tell me that her first exam (Biology) went well.  You always want the first papers to be good.  I think it sets the tone for the week.

3.  Getting my RUN on.
It's been a while since I hit the pavement running.  Not since I ran 114 miles in 28 days!!  So it feels good to be out there running again with my husband.  Early morning runs seem to be going well for us now.



4.  Drinking my morning coffee without milk isn't so bad.  I thought this would be the hardest part of doing the Whole 30, but it isn't.  Not being prepared is the hardest part actually.  Cause when I get hungry I usually grab for the first convenient snack, which isn't always the healthiest.  So preparation for meals and snacks has been the difficult adjustment for me.  But it got better as the week went on.  Oh and I'm drinking so much more water, which is great.

5.   Enjoying my karate classes.  I've been doing karate for about 3 months now and I'm really enjoying it.  the bruises not so much, but no pain no gain right..... ;)
I'm onto my yellow belt now and I have an exam coming up next week.  I think I'm ready.


I know this is late but I had a good week and we should share when we have a good week.
How was your first week of May?



Comments

Popular Posts