21.4.17

Friday's Fave Five

I've decided to start doing this again, and wow what great timing.  Our host at Living to Tell the Story has been doing this for 427 post and in her latest post she explains why she started doing this.

Serendipity.

Life gets busy and that's true for all of us. I get caught up with just wanting to get things done and keep on moving forward.
So by doing this I hope it helps me in my quest to slow down, to live simply and a desire to cultivate a heart of gratitude.

So here's my Fave Five for this week:

1.  Having my older daughter home in Kazakhstan.
It's been 4 months since she's been with us. The last time I saw her was last Christmas.  She's lived and gone to school in London on her own while we moved back to KZ.  And she's not even in a boarding school.  She's grown up and she's managed to keep her head in her studies without us.  I'm proud of her.  She's almost done and then she'll be moving onto the next chapter of her life.

2. having all my kids under that same roof again....... even if it's not for that long.

3.  Juicing.  Grapefruit juice to be specific.


For over a month now I have been drinking grapefruit juice every morning.  When we went to Malyasia I tried one and really liked it so I decided that when I'd get back home I would make them for myself.  It's not a fad or anything like that.  I like the juice I make but even more pleasing to me is that it has curbed my desire for sweet food.
And that's a positive I'll take!!

4.  Spring Time.
I love seeing all the flowers popping up around the camp.  It's beautiful.



5. Last one for this week.  Social Media and the internet and Large Families.
It's expensive to call home (Papua New Guinea) so I'm grateful  for the different social media platforms that are available to me so that I can keep in contact with my family, back at home.
-photo of my kids with all their cousins.  I love that I have many siblings  - which means lots of nieces and nephews!!

.
Share your Fave Five with us.!

Happy Friday, Happy Weekend.


7 comments:

Faith said...

Greetings from New York state!
I LOVE grapefruit juice and i eat a half graoefruit every morning between November-February which is when we can get good fresh ones here in the NY markets.

How brave of your daughter to go to school so far from you! are you and your hisband missionaries in KZ or do you have careers that keep you there? i love meeting new people via blogs!

Enjoy your weekend.

Swan Li said...

What a wonderful and happy day!!!!

Barbara H. said...

It is a blessing to have all the kids home again, even for a little while. I'm glad your daughter is doing so well! The flowers are beautiful. What a nice group of nieces and nephews! I love social media for keeping up with family and seeing updated photos.

Willow said...

Welcome back! I'm SO happy to see you again!
Your cousin photo is wonderful!
I appreciate social media for the same reasons--keeping in touch with people all over the world.

Wendy said...

Nice to meet you. Great family pic and yes having the family together under one roof is always good. We had both sons and their wives here together briefly this weekend but were missing our daughter and her wife. I'm not a fan of grapefruit juice although I could do with tempering my sweet tooth.

nikkipolani said...

I will have to look around to read more about your home base there in KZ. But it's good to see you back and sharing faves -- love these family ones with your daughter back with you and extended family to connect with online.

Susanne said...

Welcome back!! So nice to see you pop up on the list. Wow, I can't believe your daughter is all grown and gone away to school. And I agree with you, so nice to have the whole family back together even if for a very short time. And I too am grateful that there is a social media to help us all stay in touch. Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice is yummy. I never thought it might help with sweet tooth cravings. I'll have to try as I'm cutting sugary things right now.

It's Friday....

And I'm going to take a break. A break from blogging to find my way again as to what it is I really want to blog about and what I r...